Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dis-placed

So, the placement season is on and I do not have any interview calls so far and I have already finished 2 series and 5 movies. So what the heck, lets blog aye!!!

So, the institute is full of palpable excitement. 96placed on day 1, 4 in facebook, so many in google, so on so forth, and I have not even left my room in formals yet . Times like these make you appreciate communism and if you have had an upbringing like mine , then religious communism ... oxymoron huh?? Kind of.

Times like these make you reminisce about the good old days when you were the topper in your class and everyone envied your "rocket brains" . And the wrong choices that you made and times you chose booze over work, friends over books, pursuing love interests over academics. In my case, even choosing BT in IIT Kgp over CS in BITS, Pilani . But , after reading some Paulo Coelho and all the philosophical bullshit, realized that the past needs to be let go and the future needs to pursued. Woah!!! 1 day of placement and I already made a oneliner, philosophical one at that.

Had a chat with some B. Techs who graduated last year. The ones with good jobs said, their job sucks so I am better off and the one with the mediocre ones said and I quote, " In you face loser".

After one of the shortlists were out, and as usual my name did not figure in it, I went out for a smoke, cursing every moment of my 5 years here, blaming God for not getting me placed, Kalyan for being so happy that I am not getting placed, blaming God for making me friends with him, for gaining weight , receding hairline, blaming God for my genes, etc etc , and then I saw this guy on a hand peddled cycle, peddling hard, struggling to get somewhere but still peddling his hearts out and I thought, "Wait a second, what was I thinking. Thanks God for what I have and for what I will achieve in the future".

Good ol' life, you can be down and out one second and Boom you're back . Adversities are a good thing you know, makes you appreciate things better. Woah!!! and there goes my second oneliner of the day. Am I on fire or what??

For those of you who thought " Jeez what a loser" , well!!! no problemo mate, beacuse for the first time in my life, I am at peace.




No comments: